My research activities focus on inverse problems in signal & image processing. I generally use Bayesian approaches, MCMC algorithms, and sparse approximation methods. The concerned applications are chemical spectroscopy and astronomical imaging.
- Fast detection of unicellular microorganisms by high-resolution imagery (Iris Daurensan's Ph.D., in progress)
- Joint Bayesian decomposition of spectroscopic signal sequences (Hassan Mortada's Ph.D., 2018)
- Detection of faint extended sources in astronomy (Jean-Baptiste Courbot's PhD, 2017)
- Building detection in remote sensing (Tran Thanh Ngo's Ph.D., 2015)
- Spectro-morphological galaxy classification (Benjamin Perret's Ph.D., 2010)
- Decomposition of spectroscopic signals into peaks
- Simulation of truncated Gaussian distributions
- Baseline correction in spectroscopy
Research projects :
See my french homepage for more informations.
- Signal processing
- Image processing
- Digital communications
Play with the educational animations! You can also discover projo, a program to display images on a black- or white-board, and to annotate them by hand! Lastly, some teaching materials of my courses are freely downloadable!